Free Crochet Pacman Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover & Divine Cornbread Recipe!
My kids were eating popsicles using my Pacman popsicle holders I made last year and it dawned on me it would be THE CUTEST handle cover for my cast iron skillet! This is a FREE PATTERN! You just need to make a few changes!
- Make sure you use 100% cotton, nothing else. It is the safest for heat, and really does work! I swear mine works better than any potholder I have! Use caution, don’t keep it in the oven while cooking obviously!
- I used Hobby Lobby I Love this Cotton but held it DOUBLE strand for extra protective thickness. I used red, white, and black.
- I added two additional rounds of 16 before the end, as that is what my handle needed for good coverage. You can add or eliminate rounds as needed to fit your skillet!
The FREE PATTERN FOR THE PACMAN HOLDER: (see adjustments needed above)
As I am sitting here writing this, the cornbread is in the oven and HOLY SMOKES, the smell is intoxicating. You NEED to make this!!
I LOVE CORNBREAD! I know there are purists on both sides of the fence, some insist on NO sugar, some insist on ALL the sugars! Honestly, I like both. This one is NOT overly sweet, the sugar balances out well. So, I wanted to share that deliciousness with you too! You may want to swap some ingredients out for ones that suit your dietary requirements, such as different oils (if needed). For example, if you’re trying to lose weight, you could use Gundry MD Olive Oil or similar ones in moderation that tend to boost your metabolism and eliminate unhealthy fats. Every oil has its own distinct characteristics, taste, and so on. If you get confused about selecting the oil, then you can look into phrases such as ‘is olive oil good for you?’ so you can determine which would be best in this or any recipe.
Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread Recipe:
(This is caculated in HALF from a double recipe, hence the “PLUS” ingredients)
- (1 3/4) cups PLUS (2) Tbs cornmeal
- (1/2) cup all purpose flour
- (1/2) cup granulated sugar
- (1) tsp salt
- (2) tbs baking powder
- (2) large eggs
- (1) cup buttermilk (full fat)
- (1/2) can creamed style corn
- (6) tbs corn or vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and pop the skillet in there while the oven is preheating.
- In one bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder thoroughly.
- In another bowl, stir and combine the eggs, buttermilk, corn, and vegetable oil well.
- Create a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients inside. Stir to just combine well, but not over mixing.
- Carefully remove the preheated skillet and grease it, pour your batter in the pan. Return to oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
YUM! Enjoy you handle AND your cornbread!!
Comment and let me know if you tried either and what you think!
Much Love and Yarn,
Stephanie Pokorny (Crochetverse)
The information and photos in this posting are the sole copyrighted property of Crochetverse ©2018. Please do not copy and paste any of the information contained within either electronically, verbally, or written in part or in whole. Instead, please share the DIRECT LINK to this posting only, and if you do, I thank you for sharing. You of course may sell anything you make from this pattern that you have made with your own two hands, no contract labor or mass productions are permitted. I need your visits to keep me around creating! Please never screenshot or copy and paste the info within, instead share the link so I may entertain your friends as well! If you credit Crochetverse as the designer that is greatly appreciated!